At DBA Services Pty Ltd ACN 166 301 999 we are concerned to protect personal information and have adopted these privacy principles to comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988. This policy describes how we handle personal information collected by us.
Collecting, using and disclosing your personal information
It is not necessary for you to disclose personal information to us to use this website, www.dbaservices.com.au. However, you may be asked to provide your personal information as you use the site including if you want to use the site to contact us, provide feedback or a proposal, and request certain services or information. The information we collect is your contact information and may include your name, address, e-mail address, job title and phone numbers. If you are making a payment through our website we do not collect your payment details. These are directed straight to the merchant.
We also collect personal information:
- in the course of our business relationship with customers, contractors, suppliers and other business contacts including by email, telephone or letter. Typically this information may include your name, address, e-mail address, job title and phone numbers. If you are a supplier it might also include banking details.
- via social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Linked In. Information collected by social media will only be the contact details you provide or your curriculum vitae if you are seeking employment (see more about recruitment below). We also use blogs. If you post a comment we might collect your internet handle or username.
- if you intend to participate in a conference call with us this would include your telephone number and email address.
- about contractors who perform services for us. This might include name, address, email address, job title, phone numbers, remuneration details, emergency contact details, memberships of professional organisations, financial and banking information, tax file number and so on.
- about individuals seeking employment with WARDY IT. If you apply for a job with us we may collect certain information from you, a recruitment consultant, your previous employers, universities, referees and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist us in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment. Typically this will include your name, contact details, information about your working history, relevant records and background checks. If you have provided us with contacts details for a referee or another person, you must ensure that they have consented to this disclosure. We may use your details to conduct a VEVO check, where applicable. Generally, if we do not employ you we may keep this information for up to six months in case a suitable position becomes available.
If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide you with a full range of services, pay your accounts, consider your job application or otherwise deal with you in the way you expect.
We collect most of this information directly from you but sometimes information may be collected from third parties, such as other people in your organisation or a recruitment organisation if you are seeking a job.
We collect and use personal information so that we can:
- communicate with you
- deal with your enquiry or complaint
- provide you with newsletters and information about products and services including to invite you to seminars or training sessions
- undertake market research or telephone surveys
- provide you with products and services including data platform, business intelligence solutions, Remote DBA services, training, technical support/help desk and our other IT services and solutions
- profile the type of people accessing the website
- administer any contract we may have with you
- do other things that are related to your interactions with us and to facilitate our business operations e.g. invoicing, account management, recruitment, managing personnel.
We will only share your personal information with our personnel, agents, related companies, licensors, contractors, service providers (e.g. debt collectors, outsourcing organisations, market researchers) and business partners or as required by law, and only for the above (or related) purposes.
Holding and security of your information
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, as the transmission of data over the internet is not totally secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission over the internet.
All personal information held by us is kept on a secure server and protected by firewall security systems. We may also hold your personal information in hard copy files which are only accessible by our personnel.
Our help desk (and relevant customer data) is hosted on Cloud services, including Amazon Web Services hosts, which hold information across multiple countries including the US. When you communicate with us through a social media service, the social network provider and its partners may collect and hold your personal information overseas.
Links to other websites
Access, correction, complaints and Our Contact Details
If want to know what personal information we hold about you, you can request access to your record. If you think that your personal information is inaccurate, you should let us know and we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct the information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, it is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading.
If you receive any promotional material from us and you do not wish to receive this any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting us or sending us an email and asking to be removed from the mailing list.
To contact us for any of the above reasons or to complain about a breach of privacy or for any other privacy related issue or enquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to any complaint received within a reasonable time.
We may review and update this policy from time to time. Any updated version will be posted on our website. We recommend you check the website occasionally for updates.
Version as at July 2015