SQL Server 2016 SP2 CU9
Update 2019/10/02 – there is some confusion about the final build number. The KB article currently says 13.0.5470, the download page says 13.0.5479, and in the comments below, Edward says the download has some unsigned components. Might wanna hold off on this particular update for a few days.
Update 2019/10/08 – hold off on this update for now. The updated KB notes:
There is an uninstall issue with SQL16 SP2 CU9. The payload in CU9 is fine, but if you have not already installed CU9, it is recommended that you wait for the upcoming expedited SQL16 SP2 CU10 release.
Sixty days since the last 2016 Cumulative Update – love how reliable these are coming out – we’ve got Cumulative Update 9. Fixes include:
- Transaction log isn’t truncated in a single-node AG
- Access violation for PIVOT or UNPIVOT
- Incorrect results with partitioned clustered columnstore indexes
- Access violation when you restore an In-Memory OLTP database
- Frozen IO won’t resume after backing up a database with In-Memory OLTP
- Availability Groups direct seeding can’t stop, won’t stop
- sys.database_scoped_configurations returns the wrong results (yay! The sp_Blitz check for non-default database scoped configs will finally work)
- Better cardinality estimation
For those of you planning patch windows, it’s also been 60 days since the last 2017 CU, so that’ll likely drop this week too.